|Programme Title||Basic Meditation Course in English|
|Venue||Mangala Vihara Buddhist Temple
Shine Hall at 1st floor, or Meditation Hall at 2nd floor
|Date and Time||Course intakes - March, June and September (thrice yearly)
Due to the Coronavirus situation, the Feb/Mar medication course will be conducted live stream on Facebook, Youtube and Zoom (for those already who have already registered previously).
Live streaming on:
16 May 2020 (Sat)
23 May 2020 (Sat)
30 May 2020 (Sat)
6 June 2020 (Sat)
13 June 2020 (Sat)
Time: 4 to 5pm
|Age group||All ages|
Maureen Aw Tel: 9628-2069
|Conducted by||Ven. Cittara|
|Course Content||(Live streaming class may differ)
1. What is Meditation? Why Meditation and how to do Sitting Meditation?
2. What is Mindfulness and Concentration Meditation?
3. How to do Walking Meditation?
4. Hindrances of Meditation and how to overcome them?
5. What is Vipassana Meditation? Retreat Orientation.
6. Meditation Retreat and Meditation in Daily Life.
First hour - Lessons by Venerable Cittara
Second hour - Meditation practice and Q & A Session
|1 Day Retreat||(no retreat for live streaming class)
07.45 am - Assemble in Meditation Hall, level 2
0 8.00 am - Sitting and Walking Meditation (Group)
11.00 am - Morning Puja in Main Shrine Hall
11.30 am - Lunch Break and Rest
01.00 pm - Interview with Bhante
02.00 pm - Meditation Practice
04.30 pm - Sharing session and Feedback
05.00 pm - “ Home Sweet Home “
|Dress Code||No shorts and no spaghetti blouses|
|Q & A||Q&A on meditation
Q&A on other matters