14th October 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
With our volunteers having had one week of ensuring compliance with the safety measures expected of a religious organization during opening hours, the Management Committee has decided to open the morning and evening puja services to the public.
The government has relaxed the number of devotees allowed to attend congregational services to 100. Although we are allowed 100, due to the need to maintain a social distancing of 1-metre between devotees, the shrine hall can only accommodate 50. Hence, we will not admit anyone when the number of devotees is 50.
We will adopt the followings:-
- The gates of the temple will be opened daily to admit devotees for the morning puja from 10.30 am to 11.00 am and the evening puja from 6.30 pm to 6.55 pm.
- Those attending must log in SafeEntry on their mobile and have a temperature lower than 37.5 degrees Celsius;
- Anyone having a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be admitted;
- Wearing of masks by all devotees at all times in the shrine hall;
- Maintain social distancing inside the temple and no mingling among devotees;
- Sit at only the designated places in the shrine hall;
- The gates of the temple will be closed 5 minutes before puja or the number of devotees is 50, whichever comes first;
- Once the service is over, all devotees must leave the temple compounds as no lingering and mingling are allowed by the authorities;
- The gates of the temple are closed at all other times.
With all your co-operation, we will keep Mangala Vihara Buddhist Temple safe for everyone.
Yours in Dhamma
Management of Mangala Vihara Buddhist Temple
10 Oct 2020
Dear Sunday School Students,
It has been a long time since we have last met and come together as a group. I hope all of you are keeping well.
In view of the ongoing COVID19 situation, the scheduled YMBA Examinations on 1 Nov 2020 has been postponed by the YMBA Sri Lanka to a later date.
We do not have news on where it will be possible for us to hold the exams. I will update all of you as soon as I receive any news.
Please stay safe. May the Triple Gem bless you always.
Dhamma Supervisor for
MV Dhamma Sunday School
Mangala Vihara Buddhist Temple
Maha Bodhi Puja
Maha Bodhi Puja
|Sunday Forum||Sun, 4 Oct 2020||12.45pm||Topic: Significance of Kathina Celebration